Sunday, January 29, 2012

Randy Rogers Concert Recap - Kansas City 1/28/12

Last night was Q104's Red Dirt Party at the Beaumont Club.  The line-up was Travis Marvin, Sam Sliva and the Good and Randy Rogers Band.  The show was sold out which made for an even crazier night.

First up was Travis Marvin.  He is a local act that plays around town all the time.  I see him at a nunch of concerts which is always fun.


He did a good job and here is his first single, "That's the Way We Roll"...


Next up was Sam Sliva and the Good....I had never seen them or heard any of there music.  They are a mix of Red Dirt and a little reggae beat. 


They played about 15 songs and I think if you go by the covers, you could tell they would be a really cool band if you knew the songs. 


Here is the last song, I think it was called "Bad Addiction"...



Finally, it was time for Randy Rogers Band.  I had been trying to make sure I knew all of the songs so I could really enjoy this concert.


Having listening to the CDs the last few weeks, you could tell they sounded exactly same as the recorded music.  That is always a good thing!


Here is a really cool songs, "Again"....


They have not had a new album for a while so they did play some new music from the upcoming CD, here is one of the new ones...


Randy Rogers Band is for sure a Texas band, but I think KC was sort of turned into Texas on Saturday night.  The crowd was really into them and the venue was sold out.


Randy Rogers Band has some really good songs about love and loss.  Here is one of the best ones for sure, "Steal You Away"...


From where I was standing, I could see the set list.  I am not sure I have ever seen a set list so long.  It seems like there were 30 songs on it...not bad at all!


One of the most known songs they have is "Interstate"....and it sounded great!


And finally, probably their biggest song, "Kiss Me in the Dark"...


I have seen Randy Rogers Band a few times in the past.  This time I made sure I knew the songs and it made it the best concert by them by far.  A fun night!

Post a Comment